Monday, June 20, 2011

Education-Past and Present

I am tyring to think of a formative memory for me as a student and I am having a hard time really picking one.  I always enjoyed being in school.  I didn't always like getting up early in the morning to go to class but once I was there I really enjoyed the experience.  Even last night at work, I was really excited to start summer classes.  My co-workers thought I was nuts! 
I think the major issues facing the field of education are curriculum design, class size, quality of the educator and other administrators, and the whole constuct of the public education system. 
The next question is really hard for me.  This will be the third education class I have taken since coming back to school.  For me thinking about the title of the course I would like to study and discuss the foundations of education and looking at have those core ideas changed?  If they haven't, why not?  Do we need a cultural shift in the way our public education system works right now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment