Sunday, June 26, 2011

Comments

Ok so I have never done this blogging thing and I am currently having difficulty commenting on every one's blog.  So after 2 hours I have decided to post my comments on my blog and hopefully tomorrow I will learn how to comment. 
So first I wanted to comment on Francis's blog and answer his question about the crazy teacher.  For me it was Mr. Cox.  He was a young teacher in his first job.  He taught social studies and my senior year I had him for US Government.  One beautiful spring day Mr. Cox tells us we are leaving the building and we are going up to Graeters ice cream for class.  This field trip was not planned and so we had to sneak out of the building and then also manage to sneak back in.  I remember thinking, we are going to get caught.  I can never do anything like this and get away with it.  We did of course get away with it, and I am still not sure why Mr. Cox did this for us.  It was a small gesture, but I still think it was the coolest/craziest thing any teacher ever did. 
The second posting I wanted to comment on was Rashad's post about home schooling.  It it definitely a hot button issue and I don't think we will all agree.  My belief is every person, family, and situation is different.  The parent's must do what they think is in the best interest of the child and I don't think anyone should be judged for doing what they think is best.  You can debate the pros and cons of home schooling but at the end of the day it just might be a better fit for someone. 
The last posting I wanted to comment on was Toya's post about private vs. public school.  Once again, I think a lot like home schooling everyone is going to have an opinion.  I was in public school my whole life and had a wonderful experience.  I understand why some families/children choose a private education but I think no matter what you choose, you will get what you put in.
Sorry for my lack of knowledge about blogging, hopefully I will get it soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment